Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Beware of "black shop"!

Just to share with you an awful experience I had when I went to Far East Plaza to set my hair last Saturday evening.

Due to time constrain, my cousins and I went to the 5th level and saw this particular hair salon empty. As it is a Saturday and most of the salons are full, we went in to this shop to check out the price.

There is only one male stylist tht time and he quoted us $30 for a "normal" hairdo. If we want to half-tie our hair is $40 and $40++ to tie the whole hair up. I find it rather strange but didnt probe much. So we settled in and he called for another male stylist who went for a smoke. Both are Msians.

So 4 of us (me, my sis and another 2 cousins) sat there waiting to be served. One of my cousin and I went 1st while my sis n another cousin waited. I told tht Msian (ah beng looking) stylist wad I wanted for my hairdo (half-tie with volume and curl for the rest of my bottom hair) and he really had no skills at all. He half tie my hair with a rubber band (which I can do it myself too) and tried using hair pins to pin up my hair to make the volume but it failed.

After several attempts, he gave up. My cousin and sis who're waiting left (as they saw how badly he attempt to do my hair). Then, he tried another hairdo - plaits from the right to the left. The outcome really stunned me cos I look exactly like some moron trying to act like a primary sch girl. The whole look doesnt suit my make-up and wont go well with wad I'll be wearing that night. I dont knw if I shld laugh or cry. In the end, I gave up too!

This salon is really a con-shop, "black shop".

Later, I went to look for my sis at another salon which is MUCH BETTER and even CHEAPER! They charge only $28 for ANY hairdo be it half-tie, whole hair or wadever. I felt cheated by the 1st salon. I cant stop whining as tht Msian guy wasted my time there!!


I finally learn my lesson - when there is no one in the salon while the rest of the salons are busy, something is amiss!

LADIES! Please DO NOT patronize this saloon(unless u dont mind being cheated) - Peridot Hair Boutique tagline: we style you shine (it doesnt tally with the exact services they did) located at level 5 #05-85, near escalator. They simply treat their customers as "cai tao". Their skills DO NOT worth the price that they quote at all!!!

The msian guy who fail to do my hair gave me his namecard and his position over there is a Creative Director?!! Omg! He isnt creative at all and simple styling seems so difficult for him. He is just like an ah beng trying to be a professional hair stylist when he is actually not. I can tell that he is not focus at all and he kept talking abt soccer bets with his colleague (the other Msian guy).




The result I got for my hairdo at the other salon (Clover Hair Salon, #03-12) really satisfied me big time! The hair stylist there is meticulous and more professional. Their skills is definitely worth the price. Any styling for ONLY $28! If you happen to have a wedding to attend in town, you can set your hair at this shop.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers